Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Giving way to emergency vehicles

Even though the TX Driving License guide contains all the information on giving way to emergency vehicles, its a totally different experience when it happens in real. I went to drop a friend off at his apartment and on the way back i see cop cars and am at the stop sign waiting for the emergency vehicle (fire engine) to go so that i turn, i never realised that the emergency vehicle wanted to turn in and that it takes a wide turn and therefore couldnt turn with me being there.

The driver honked at me twice before it struck me and i turned right. When i came home and talked to Nishanth he said i should have backed up into the aparmtment complex and parked or else taken a right immediately. A search on the internet shows that people have been ticketed for the same. Again, another first and a lesson for me to learn while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment