Monday, July 13, 2009

Deciding on a driving school

Now that i had my learners license on hand, i decided to go look for a driving school. After looking at the reviews and the school that was nearby, i decided on Desi Driving School, Richardson. http://www.desidrivingschool.com/

I called them up to make an appointment for driving lessons. They charge a fee of 80$ for a 2 hour lesson which is a steep fee. However, i wanted to learn driving well and i knew for sure that i could never learn driving under Nishanth. I remember the time i took the car out with Nishanth instructing me and i never touched it again! In India, i learnt to drive my scooty and it was more of a on-the-job experience which resulted in a few accidents that could have been avoided had i learnt well. I was therefore determined to drive better. Furthermore, i didnt want to crash our 2009 Honda Fit.

I was assigned Terry as my driving instructor and for me she was just the right instructor. She instructed me in a way that i could understand and had the patience to teach well. I would recommend whoever chooses Desi Driving School to take lessons with her. She is booked to the brim and it normally takes two weeks to get an appointment with her and so its always best if you book many appointments at one time. Once she wasnt in town and i was assigned another instructor whose name i dont recall and it was a nightmare. All i wanted to do was get back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment